Although developed through the years some of the oldest buildings and stables date back to 1830. The Marven family have owned and run the business from 1920. The stables and livery were started some 40 years ago; with a passion and understanding of horses we take pride and care in each and everyone of our 44 horses currently on our yard.
Set in 30+ acres of pasture land with new and older traditional brick stabling, the history of Marvens continues in the hands of Debbie Marven.
Never ridden before but always wanted to try it? Experienced rider, junior or senior, wanting to further their riding skills? Want to get fit for 2014, but want something a bit different? We cater for everyone! This long established centre is set in Wickham Bishops, less than 20 minutes from Colchester and Chelmsford in Essex.
- A large, well kept yard, 3 sand riding arenas and acres of turnout
- Run by friendly owners and staff, with a lifetime of knowledge and experience of equines
- Marvens offers tuition on a varied range of ponies and horses for the absolute beginner through to the experienced rider. Tuition available for riders from 4 years old to adult
- Group lessons and private lessons
- Birthday parties for all ages for a party with a difference!!!
- Full range of livery services also available
- Private tuition on your own horse
- Pony Mornings most school holidays 9am-1pm